Thursday, May 17, 2018

Reflections from a sort of Pheonix

May 18th, 2018 1:14am

so far a year or so may have gone by, and I am writing this from the porch of the Cabin 3 at Cobbosse Cottages. over a week ago the house we were staying at had a fire that created enough heat damage to deem the place a total loss. we have been here for at least a week and today, less than 12 hours from now, I will be signing the lease to our new apartment. Mark and I's belongings survived the fire, now we need to get them. One bed, One chair, two dressers, a TV stand and several boxes left packed up since the last move are what we have left.

I cant sleep. I've tried. no use. I worry about being able to get our things which may be in a couple days. A couple days with out a bed, chairs, dressers, and stands.I long for normalcy. I want to not worry. but for now I will have to push back my worries and fears and attempt to rest.

I looked up Huntsville, Alabama and wished we had moved sooner. I'm a survivor, but when hope is of limited supply and when things happen to give hope, you cherish them. I am grateful for our friends and family, I just wish some of them were here right now. The ones I least expected I would hope for are the ones several miles away. My family is nearby, but can't always help.

I suppose I should try and get some sleep. my alarms come early. So for now, I will empty my thoughts and focus on sleep. Maybe an idea or guidance shall pay me a visit.  -Moony

No comments:

Post a Comment