Thursday, August 9, 2012

Facebook and Photographs

These past few weeks have been quite eventful and busy. I went to my "adoptive parents" 50th wedding anniversary party. For those wondering, no, I'm not adopted they sort of became a second set of parents to me when I was growing up and living in Gardiner, Maine.
I went to Pemaquid Point with both sets of parents. I took many photos and got a nice sun burn/tan. It's more of a tan than a burn, since it really never hurt.
I also went on a date to Fort Williams. It was very peaceful and a gorgeous area.

Today, I was lectured about putting the pictures that both mom and I took in my photo album on Facebook. "It looks like you took all the pictures and we have to go to your page and your albums to see them."

I don't know what it is about Facebook, and photographs, but it seems to cause a LOT of drama. People don't want other people "Sharing" their photos, I'm in the dog house for adding both sets of photos from mom and I's camera in my photo album.
When we went and took the pictures at Pemaquid Point, I had just gotten out of work and was asked to go. I'm glad I did because I had a good time. After we got home, I put the pictures that I took in the photo album on my profile and stated that after, I was gonna go to bed since I had to work that night as well. Well, as soon as they showed up on my page I was asked to put the others on. I stated that I was tired and planned on getting some rest before work, I was told that it wouldn't take me long and to do it. To make things simple and easier for me, I posted them under my account on the same album to save time and not have to to fuddle around with the separate computers or logging on and off of Facebook.

I'm just fed up with the drama when it comes to photos on Facebook. Who fucking cares who took what photo, and all the "oh those are my photos, I'm now not okay with you having them on your Facebook page", and all that bullshit. Who fucking cares.
Firstly, if you don't want your photos shared and what not, CHANGE THE PRIVACY SETTINGS! if you have it set to only YOUR FRIENDS, then ONLY YOUR FRIENDS will see them. A message will appear stating that "you can not view this photo because you are not friends with the person who posted it" will pop up. PROBLEM SOLVED.
As far as the last one, I added the photos on their account in their own album, All the photos because they wanted ALL of the photos....and then made it clear that "I"m not posting any more God-damned photos on my profile because people tend to get touchy about pictures and photos on Facebook."  Now, run that through your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment