Monday, August 20, 2012

Self-Discoveries Happen When You Least Expect Them (...Much Like Love)

     The plan was that I was going to spend the afternoon and stay over at a guy friend's house. There was nothing really planned other than I was gonna spend time with them for their weekend off. We spent the day together going from friend's housewarming, to dinner with his folks, back to housewarming, and then the club. Once it was near closing time, we went to Denny's and then to his place for the night. We watched Batman Forever and our topic of conversation may have made a turn for the raunchy side. I will admit, I had an attraction to him. he had a lot of the personality qualities that I admired and he was, to me, easy on the eyes.

     As one may guess, the conversation took a turn from playful banter to a little more seductive. I was given the expressed warning that "if I start something, I had to finish it" and that is exactly what happened. He was gentle and showed me that I can enjoy being a bottom as long as the other partner knows what they are doing. I would be lying if I said that I didn't grow a little more attached to him after that. Most of all, afterward, he was still sweet and gentle, and made me feel like a human being with feelings rather than "just a fuck" like I had previously experienced before with a one night encounter.

     After mentioning the great time I had had to a couple of close friends, an inside joke had started that I think got a little too carried away, and may have been the downfall to there ever being a future between us, well, any chance of a romantic relationship at least. However I did learn a lot from him and not just about the physical aspect of intimacy, but also in what I want and/or need in a life partner. For that I will forever be grateful to him.


    Update (as of 8/22/16): The gentleman in this post is currently in a relationship and happily married. We are still friends even though we don't chat or hang out as much as we used to, we are still connected on social media and I am always happy to hear of any good news that comes his way, including (and he actually mentioned it to me in a message) his relationship and eventual marriage. I am thoroughly happy for him and wish him and his husband the absolute best.


No comments:

Post a Comment